Monday, January 16, 2006

Ashington New Mortimer 2 Monkseaton Arms 2

A long overdue return to action. Our first game in over a month was a battling 2-2 draw against a tough Ashington team. Tate gave us a lead with a header early in the first half, but we allowed them to get back into the game too easily. They equalised soon after and then forced in a second just before half time. We were much the better team in the second half and the opposition was dead on their feet with still half an hour left. I scored the equaliser with about 10 minutes remaining, arriving late in the box I controlled the ball with my chest and then nodded it over the keeper’s outstretched arm to give us a well deserved point. Personally my performance was OK. My fitness level is maybe a little better than I expected and although I got a couple of kicks no real injuries to speak of.

Terry is in London with work for the next 2 days so I won’t be able to run again until Wednesday. Planning on 3 runs this week for a combined total of about 12 miles.

No comments: