Monday, September 25, 2006

Injury update

After a week of ice, ibuprofen and stretching I returned to action on Sunday morning. The injury had been getting better day by day and I felt confident enough to go for a gentle jog at the track. I ran 8 laps starting out around 9 min/mile pace and picking it up slowly with the last 2 laps at around 7 min/mile pace. There was no real pain to speak of but just a slight feeling in the affected area to remind me it was there. I plan another couple of gentle runs on Monday and Tuesday this week, before stepping it up on Wednesday with a 5 miler at about 7 min/mile pace and then a 6 miler on Thursday with 2 miles at about race pace (6:30 per mile).

This week is about preparing myself both physically and mentally for the big race on Sunday. The injury has forced me to modify my plans but hopefully not lower my targets. Providing I take care of myself this week and don't suffer any recurrence of the injury I feel confident of posting a strong time in the race.

No comments: