Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Knocked for six!

Tue 21st Mar Delaval Arms 6.0m 46:17

That's 6 days without a run now. The kids both have a cold which I've picked up and its left me feeling lethargic and caused my asthma to worsen. I went out last Tuesday for possible one of the least enjoyable runs of the year. I felt awful and even had to stop to take my asthma inhaler after a couple of miles. Normally, being an asthmatic has very little effect on my daily life but when I get a cold it can play havoc with my respiratory system.

The cold is still lingering but because there's a Metro strike today I'm planning on running home this evening. The distance is about 9 miles and hopefully the traffic won't cause too much disruption. During the summer I'd like to fit in some runs either after work or during my lunch hour so this is a good time to trial the evening run home. I'm a bit concerned about the volume of traffic but hopefully things will work out OK.

No comments: